Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Drinking the Kool Aid - Day 2

After the excitement of Day 1, I was anxious to get out for Day 2. As I beat all of my fellow students, it wasn't that hard since I work in the houseboat, I took advantage of Andrew's time and took another turn at the motor. Success!

We rigged up quickly and headed out to make the most of our 3 hours on the water. I've been surprised at how quickly it flashes by out there.

Here are some shots that I managed to take while out there.

We rotated positions on the boat, working through points of sail, tacking and gybing. I narrowly avoided having to buy Andrew lunch, phew.

On the way back to dock we did the Raven. Andrew told me he would fail me if I posted it on the internet, oh well!



Today will be devoted to learning crew over board, perfecting points of sail and, I'm going to guess with the wind, reefing.

No comments: